In this review, I’ll be examining Gorilla Snot Sticky Guitar Pick Wax, a product designed to provide guitarists with a firm grip on their picks.
Let’s explore the characteristics, application, benefits, and potential drawbacks of this unique accessory, which is pretty weird by any standards.
A Sticky Situation: Gorilla Snot for Guitar Picks Full Review
As a guitarist, I’ve always struggled with keeping my pick in place during those intense, face-melting solos. I’ve tried all sorts of techniques to improve my grip, from using picks with fancy grips to even putting a tiny bit of tape on them. But nothing seemed to work quite right. That is, until I discovered Gorilla Snot.
Gorilla Snot is a unique polymer mix that’s designed to help guitarists hold onto their picks better. It’s a small jar of sticky, green goo that you apply to your favorite pick, giving it a monster grip that’s perfect for playing those legendary rock songs. I was skeptical at first, but after giving it a shot, I can confidently say that Gorilla Snot has become an essential part of my guitar playing arsenal.
Appearance and Initial Impressions
Upon opening the Gorilla Snot container, a distinct scent reminiscent of tiger balm was noticed, adding a touch of familiarity. The product’s consistency was likened to a sticky hair wax, evoking a sense of confidence in its ability to deliver a strong grip.
Application and Usability
Originally created for drummers to enhance stick control, Gorilla Snot proves to be an effective tool for guitar players as well. While the product seemed dry initially, a little effort was required to access the desired amount for application. However, if it dries out over time, it can be easily reactivated by gently heating it in a pot. Caution should be exercised not to overheat or boil it. This versatility ensures that the Gorilla Snot remains usable even after extended periods of non-use.
Applying the Snot: A Quick and Easy Process
Applying Gorilla Snot to your guitar pick is a breeze. Simply open the jar, dip your pick into the goo, and you’re ready to rock. The product dries quickly, so you won’t have to worry about it getting all over your guitar or making a mess. And the best part? It’s easily removable, so if you ever need to clean your pick, you can do so without any issues.
Step 1: Prepping Your Guitar Pick
Before diving into the world of Gorilla Snot, make sure your guitar pick is clean and dry. This unique polymer mix works best on a surface free of dirt and oils. Simply give your pick a quick wipe with a clean cloth to ensure it’s ready for action.
Step 2: Applying the Legendary Gorilla Snot
Now that your pick is prepped, it’s time to get down to business. Here’s how to apply Gorilla Snot to your guitar pick:
- Open the Gorilla Snot container and take a little bit of the product on your finger.
- Gently rub the product onto both sides of your guitar pick, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Allow the product to dry for a few seconds, and voila! Your pick is now ready for some serious picking action.
Step 3: Rock Out with Your Newly Enhanced Pick
With Gorilla Snot applied to your guitar pick, you’ll notice a significant improvement in your picking technique. The product offers a steady grip, allowing you to play more smoothly and maintain better control over your instrument. Say goodbye to those pesky dropped picks and missed notes!
Once applied, the Gorilla Snot exhibited exceptional stickiness, securing the pick firmly in hand. Even with a light touch, guitar players with conditions such as arthritis or grip impairment can rely on Gorilla Snot to keep their pick in place during performances. The product’s adhesiveness ensures minimal slippage, granting confidence and peace of mind to musicians on important gigs or extended playing sessions.
Cautions and Considerations
It is crucial to be mindful of the potential for Gorilla Snot to transfer onto other surfaces. Care should be taken to avoid inadvertently spreading the product, as it may affect the strings’ performance. Furthermore, extra caution should be exercised to prevent the wax from coming into contact with the fretting hand, as its stickiness may interfere with smooth finger movement along the fretboard.
Gorilla Snot for Guitar Picks: Is It Really Made from Real Gorilla Snot?
Gorilla Snot Sticky Wax for Guitar Picks: A Full Review & How to Use It
Gorilla Snot for Guitar Picks: The Ultimate Review & How to Apply It Like a Pro
I’ve been there. You’re playing a solo and your pick just won’t stay on your guitar strings. You try everything to get a better grip on your pick, but nothing works.
Then you hear about this weird stuff called “Gorilla Snot” that claims to help guitarists get a better grip on their picks. So you buy some and it works! But is it just a gimmick?
In this article, I’ll review Gorilla Snot and find out if it’s worth the hype. Plus, I’ll share my own experience using it.
Unraveling the Mystery: Is Gorilla Snot Really Gorilla Snot?
Let’s get this out of the way right off the bat: no, Gorilla Snot is not actually made from real gorilla snot. It’s a clever marketing ploy that has certainly caught the attention of guitar players far and wide. But don’t let the name deter you from giving this unique product a try. It’s a natural, polymer-based product designed to help guitarists maintain a steady grip on their picks while playing.
Why Gorilla Snot is an Essential Tool for Guitar Players
Gorilla Snot is a popular item among guitar players for a number of reasons:
- It provides a secure grip on your pick, allowing for smoother playing and better control over your techniques.
- It’s made from a unique polymer material that is non-toxic and safe for use on guitar picks and strings.
- It’s available in a small, portable container, making it easy to take with you to gigs or practice sessions.
How Gorilla Snot Stands Out from the Competition
There are plenty of products on the market that claim to help guitarists improve their grip on their picks, but Gorilla Snot stands out for a few key reasons:
- It’s a natural product that doesn’t leave any residue on your fingers or guitar strings.
- It’s extremely easy to apply, requiring just a little dab on the sides of your pick for long-lasting grip.
- It’s suitable for all styles of guitar playing, from rock to classical and everything in between.
Getting the Most Bang for Your Buck with Gorilla Snot
While Gorilla Snot may not be the cheapest product available, it’s definitely worth the investment for dedicated guitar players. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your Gorilla Snot purchase:
- Start with a small amount and work your way up, as a little goes a long way.
- Allow the product to dry for a few minutes before playing to ensure the best grip possible.
- Store the container away from extreme temperatures and direct sunlight to maintain its quality and effectiveness.
Deciding if Gorilla Snot is Right for You
With all the information available about Gorilla Snot, it’s clear that it’s a valuable tool for guitar players looking to improve their grip on their picks. But, as with any product, it’s important to consider your own preferences and playing style before making a purchase. If you’re unsure, give it a try and see if it’s the perfect addition to your guitar-playing arsenal.
Pros and Cons: The Sticky Truth
As with any product, there are both positive and negative sides to Gorilla Snot. Here’s a quick rundown of what I’ve experienced:
- Highly effective grip, allowing for better control and precision while playing
- Easy to apply and remove, making it a hassle-free solution
- Long-lasting, so you won’t need to reapply during a single jam session
- Available on popular platforms like Amazon, making it easy to purchase
- Occasionally, the snot may leave a small residue on your fingers, but it’s nothing that can’t be easily wiped off
- Some players may prefer a more traditional grip style, so Gorilla Snot might not be the perfect solution for everyone
Comparing Gorilla Snot to Other Grip Solutions
When it comes to guitar pick grips, there are a few different options available. However, Gorilla Snot stands out for a few reasons:
- It bypasses the need for dedicated grip picks, allowing you to use your favorite pick without issue
- Unlike tape or other grip solutions, Gorilla Snot doesn’t leave a residue on your guitar or pick
- It’s a more cost-effective solution, as a single jar can last for a long time
In conclusion, Gorilla Snot Sticky Guitar Pick Wax proves to be a reliable solution for guitarists seeking enhanced grip and control over their picks. With a scent that may evoke familiarity and a consistency comparable to sticky hair wax, this product ensures a secure hold that withstands even the lightest touch. Guitarists facing conditions such as arthritis can find solace in Gorilla Snot’s ability to maintain pick placement. However, it is important to exercise caution to avoid unintentional spreading of the wax, which may affect string performance, and to prevent contact with the fretting hand. Overall, Gorilla Snot Sticky Guitar Pick Wax presents itself as a compelling accessory for guitarists in need of an extra helping hand on stage or during practice sessions.
I'm Joost Nusselder, the founder of Neaera and a content marketer, dad, and love trying out new equipment with guitar at the heart of my passion, and together with my team, I've been creating in-depth blog articles since 2020 to help loyal readers with recording and guitar tips.
Check me out on Youtube where I try out all of this gear:Subscribe